JCH Cardiac Rehab
Individualized Cardiac Rehabilitation is available Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. The program includes one-on-one teaching of diet, exercise, and medication use. The program can run anywhere from six to eight weeks, depending upon your insurance carrier and is available only with a doctor’s orders.
The goal of cardiac rehabilitation is to return the patient to the optimal level of functioning following either a coronary artery bypass or a heart attack (myocardial infarction). With rehabilitation you also get the benefit of a professional educating the patient concerning diet, exercise, smoking cessation, relaxation skills and medication issues. The program can run anywhere from six to eight weeks, depending upon your insurance carrier and is available with a doctor’s order.
To enroll in Cardiac Rehab, call Delores Othmer at (402) 335-3361.
Program participants will be individuals who have been treated medically or surgically for atherosclerotic and other types of heart diseases. Additionally, participants can be individuals at risk for heart disease.
Program participants must be referred by their attending physician and:
- Have a documented diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction within the preceding 3 months; OR
- Have had coronary bypass surgery; AND/OR
- Have stable angia pectoris
- Have a heart valve repair or replacement,
- Have percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty or coronary stenting,
- Have a heart or combined heart/lung transplant,
- Have stable heart failure with an ejection fraction less than 35%,
- Have revascularization such as a pacemaker, in association with CAD, CABG, etc.
- Have preauthorization from a 3rd party payer.